Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 05:37:24 pm »
Here is what I've found:
Opretive-Soldier=Figher
Opretive-spy=Theif/Roge
Hacker=char buffer/cleric/mage
Coder=pet class/item buffer/crafter
Some are more obvious then others, the exact role of hacker and coder are currently blurred and mixing as we try to untangle the two, since coder has more or less been pulled strait out of hacker.  Info is as always limited but that is the currency of the game and seems to be a trend MxO is trying to set out of game as well as in.  I've given you what I know, relate the classes to whatever game you would like.

P.S. Sorry for the compleat lack of posts lately
P.P.S.  Since info is currency you all owe me :P

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 11:32:15 pm »
I call seniority.

Seniroity- A level 9 spell, with a radius of 12 posts. It allows the user to outrank any non captain, non administrator, that joined more than five days later than the user. It allows the user to void the post, or change it to his liking. It can be used once a day.

I change it so say "everyone but Iluvatar. Tbone(who is god), Seven (because he is god of ts), Cosmic(because you beat me on that damned poll), and Eclipse (because he'll play starcraft with me) owes me."

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2004, 05:42:01 am »
They say once theyre powerfull they can access the Matrix through the back door and do with it whatever they want. That sounds scary...but crafting sounds...extremely boring.

*you see a toiling coder behind the scene where Neo says "I want guns.Lots of em" trying to code more and more guns,in a coder sweatshop".

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2004, 10:13:52 am »
How else did you think they made all those guns so fast?   A program?  Mass production?  Ridiculous!

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2004, 12:46:19 pm »
I think they made all the guns using coder bots

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2004, 05:34:08 pm »
Coder bots would be cool....

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2004, 12:21:41 am »
Coders... Can make Proxys, or simulacras, ALONG with crafting.  Simulacras kick ass, methinks.

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2004, 07:05:55 am »
Coders are amazing.

Just the other day, I decided to change my class around, and see what fits because I had a shitload of Info. I went to  the vendor and bought all the abilities for every person up to the first rank (second for Soldier and Spy).

I had always like soldier and being a hacker was okay, however I thouroghly enjoyed being a Spy and a Coder for the first time. Spies have lots of kool stealth moves, and Coders can actually make people! I created this one guy to fight for me the enitre time, it was awesome.

This experience has definatly changed my perspective on the Spy an the Coder.

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2004, 08:12:49 am »
That's cool. :)..but don't talk about that here.

*gets all shifty eyed*

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2004, 08:35:21 am »
Yeah, you're probablly best editing that post just in case

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2004, 08:54:56 am »
No idea what you guys are talking about, bu that's ok. Anyways I think Coder is an extremely hard class to master, but INCREDIBLY great for the reason being that you can become mega-rich if you have at all the least bit of business sense.

Think about it, who in the amtrix is the best known coder? One hint, he's french, selfish, and ugly. The Architect! LoL God I'm so corny, but seriously no, it's the Merv. All he is is a program that can code, and make codes and other programs. What do you guys think the Twins were other then very pumped up and complex Simulacrons?

Once you're able to master the coder, i.e. making weapons then selling them, and I'm not sure but if so, you can gain tons of info, then get an ability, then SELL those abilites which had cost you less info, but then sell it for more, thereby gaining you tons upon tons of info. Then you can go to vendors and find more skills. after that, besides building and coding simulacron, you can begin actually HIRING other players. How? "I'll give you this skill if you do such and such a mission for me, if you kill such and such person for me." That gives you Power. The power to influence people is beyond any power that anyone else can have. And Money is very influencial, and if you're a coder, and just by the skin of ya balls good at it, you can make tons of it.

Not to mention that if you're in a clan that you can create items for discount, or if you're a real softie for free, for your clan, equipping them with the most powerful weapons for a very very low cost; which makes the clan richer all around, which makes them able to, if they wish, buy more skills, allowing them to become better pve players and then better pvp players.

Coders, if used right, have an invaluable source use.

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2004, 10:35:22 am »
Quote from: "Orasu"
That's cool. ..but don't talk about that here.
*gets all shifty eyed*

Quote from: "Aaura"
Yeah, you're probablly best editing that post just in case

Hey guys, remember that the whole faction knows now, and there's no need to worry. (Even about those 'spies'. :roll1: )

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2004, 10:42:33 am »
But it is violating the NDA isn't it? Might not want to do that with Eris registered or do it at all in any case...

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2004, 01:10:40 pm »
Well, you can talk to ebta testers, and if the whole faction's in beta, and if we have a "Sign Up For MxO Beta" thread, I think we can safely discuss it.

Anonymous

Coder?
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2004, 02:59:47 pm »
I'm not. I'll probably get invite soon though.

But no talking about beta here.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online