Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Author Topic: Hurricane Frances  (Read 2002 times)

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2004, 02:28:22 pm »
You've really been hit lately up in florida haven't you?

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2004, 03:14:40 pm »
thats an understatement, lol of course hurricane ivan is coming in bigger than frances, suppose to take out georgia while its making florida disappear.

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2004, 03:38:52 pm »
One quick post, then I'll be back when I can.  Hurricane Frances took part of my roof, caused the ceiling to collapse in two bedrooms, water throughout one side of my home.  While my home was taking damage from the storm, my wife's mother took a major health collapse in New Jersey & died Monday morning.  Twelve hours later, my father died in a hospital in Port St. Lucie, where the eye of the storm passed & where I also live.  Out of the total frustration of tremendous loss & having my family of 6 stuffed in a single room at a friends house, I decided to relieve stress by slamming my head throught the rear windshield of a van.

Lots of blood loss & 10 stitches later nothing has changed.  No home, family losses, tremendous pain...

If any of you pray, please do...I will be.  Until I get a chance to jack in again know that I miss the community here & hope no one ever has to go through this, not even a part of this.

As far as Hurricane Ivan, it generally damaged or destroyed 90% of the country of Grenada, South America and is a Catogory 5, roughly the size of Hurricane Andrew which flattened the city of Homestead, FL years ago.  Ivan however is also producing wind gusts of up to 190 mph.  If it comes anywhere near my area, I'm leaving the state...

Good luck to all my fellow Angels in FL - I'll be back...eventually.  T-Bone, don't let 'em kill my logins, please...

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2004, 06:41:59 pm »
Well Kairos, that is terrible news.

I offer you my deepest condolences.  I hope you and your family are better soon.  I'm sure my fellow angels do too.

The best of luck with Ivan.

Talk to you later buddy.

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2004, 07:28:23 pm »
Wow. Damn, that sucks man. I just got power back an discovered that just about everything in my house (except for my room, which is the "safe room" of the house) was completely wrecked, and that everything but the base of the roof flew off. Luckily, the base is poured concrete, so that wont be going anywhere hopefully with Ivan. And is Ivan as strong as Floyd was? I remember that that was the most deadly storm on record, and would have made Florida turn into Afghanistan basically. If it is, I'm going to fuckin California. Taking my cat, too.

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2004, 11:36:34 pm »
Kairos.. Damn, my heart goes out to you. If I could offer anything other than my sympathies, I would.

Iluvatar.. Sorry about your home. That's some rough shit to have to deal with.

I believe Ivan is predicted to resembled the strength of Andrew, but I hope for everyones sake that it either dies out or goes due east to the Atlantic.

I wish only the Best of luck with Ivan.

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2004, 06:57:10 am »
Ive been hit by: Charley, Frances, and soon Ivan then probably the potential Tropical Storm that will become a Hurricane.. trees are all over the place, I got debri on my roof, my front right fender was hit by a large branch, one of my windows is broken, my main system's power supply and mobo were blown.
but ive stuck it thru! mandatory evac? NAH fuck that,  the people of FA need a teamspeak server! ..lol

Anonymous

Hurricane Frances
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2004, 07:48:13 am »
We have boring weather over here. The worst storms we get might flip a table in the garden or less. And those are rare. Only during summertime.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
[22] 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 106