MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: WeekNIGHT Raid Group Scheduling  (Read 142390 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
WeekNIGHT Raid Group Scheduling
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2013, 02:44:14 pm »
I might have to close the bar tonight, so if we have enough to raid, I might be late. I'll let you guys know.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 11, 2013, 03:03:47 pm »
Gah, Sunday hurry the fuck up.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 11, 2013, 03:52:25 pm »
So for tonight:

Tanks:
Mharz
Kokuei

Healers:
Anamodiel
Zooey

DPS:
Tbone
Broin
Adam
Opey

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 12, 2013, 01:09:05 am »
Good job tonight. Make sure you go over the Operator and TFB fights in TFB - those could have gone smoother.

We'll try for SUNDAY to finish S&V. Note: Those who started out the week will have priority on Sunday. Starting on Tuesday, normal raiders will have priority again assuming they've reached level 55. Also, list punishments don't apply this week since this week was put together last minute.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 14, 2013, 02:44:03 pm »
Raid TONIGHT. Please post on THIS THREAD if you cannot make it. Again, priority goes to those who started the raid with us earlier this week. By Tuesday all normal raiders should be level 55. If not, we'll have to take another look at the priority list.

Offline Zooey

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 16, 2013, 02:57:25 pm »
Who is the list for tonight anyway?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:30 pm »
Raid tonight. According to my sources, all of our raiders are level 55 now and I'm assuming will be available tonight. Thursday we will be missing Ana, so we will need Zooey on that day.

Which raid we do will depend on the group finder. We'll either do S&V or TFB/Tohoro/Classic.

I should get home right at raid time. I'll text if I'm running a few minutes late, but I don't anticipate that.

Offline Zooey

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 16, 2013, 05:34:51 pm »
Alright, then I will tentatively have plans tonight to do other things :)

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 16, 2013, 07:18:18 pm »
I'm gone both Wednesday and Thursday, so if you could sub in those days, I would be very appreciative.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 16, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »
We currently have no raid planned Wednesday.

Offline Zooey

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 17, 2013, 10:02:15 am »
I now have one objection to suicide kings.  I'm being asked to sub into a group with absolutely no chance of winning a tier piece.  I'm not greedy, and I'll still run with you tomorrow, but I wanted to point that out.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 17, 2013, 02:02:32 pm »
I'm pretty sure you don't have "no chance", you are locked, but I believe you still move up when people suicide to get items. If you are not present in the raid, you spot doesn't matter, but if you are in that raid that night, you become unlocked. It's a hell of a lot slower to get tier this way as people sometimes hold off their suicide's for a bit cause they get gear from other places.

I could be wrong though.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51:20 pm »
Quote from: "Zooey"
I now have one objection to suicide kings.  I'm being asked to sub into a group with absolutely no chance of winning a tier piece.  I'm not greedy, and I'll still run with you tomorrow, but I wanted to point that out.

A few things worth pointing out here...

1. Regardless of where you are on the list, you move up anytime you are present for the raid and someone "suicides" their spot. This means that even if you don't get a piece of gear one night, it's still a beneficial night for you because you've moved up 4-6 spots on the list, putting you in prime position next time you sub in.

2. Your spot is locked where you leave off. In this case, Zooey, you are last because you received a piece of gear at the end of last week, not because you aren't raiding this week. At the end of last week, had you not gotten a piece of gear and stayed at the top of the list, you'd still be locked into the top spot this week and would be first in line for gear. The exception to this is if you are late without telling us, don't show, etc. and can lose a few spots that way.

3. The more gear others get, the more gear will get passed on. This means that even if you are close to the end of the list, there's still a good chance you will get gear that you need as others pass down the line. This will happen more frequently the more weeks we raid. As a result, you could not get asked to raid for a few weeks, and then come in and sweep up a lot of gear at once since other raid members will be constantly passing.

4. Specific to you Zooey, no one else is your class. You'll sweep up every piece of Black Market gear that is for your class. No one else has this advantage.

The alternative to suicide kings was just a roll that reset every week. We used to do this, and if you were lucky, you could come in and sweep up gear every week, even as a sub. However, if you were unlucky, you could sub in for a month and never get gear. Obviously the better deal for EVERYONE is suicide kings. It rewards activity and persistence, and leaves nothing up to chance and luck and Adamism.

Offline Zooey

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 17, 2013, 04:19:08 pm »
Okay, I think that finally explained what I was having issues with.  I don't think #1 or #4 were in my thoughts.  Cool.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 17, 2013, 07:53:21 pm »
So here's the dealeo tomorrow folks...

I am going to try out the OCULUS RIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited, you have no idea. I'm meeting the guy at 8:30. He's got kids, though, and since I'm meeting at his place and they'll be sleeping, I doubt I'll be able to stay very long. I'm anticipating an hour or so, which would be getting me home between 10-10:30est (raid time FA).

HOWEVER, if he lets me just try demo after demo all night, I will do that and not even flinch. If I think I'm going to be more than an hour late tomorrow, I'll text and have you guys just go without me. I would say just start without me, but I also realize it's probably lame to clear the first three bosses that don't drop Arkanian and then get replaced. I'm also not positive we have a DPS to replace me (does Kok have a character ready yet? - I feel like he does).

So the short of it is, if you have a DPS that is available Kokuei, I'll try to let you guys know by around raid time or a little after if I'm not going to show up at all. If I'm just going to be late, you should know 30 minutes before or around raid time.

Sorry for the complications! Usually I schedule everything around raids that I can, but this is a once in a lifetime chance to try this tech out well ahead of everyone else. I anticipate the earliest the consumer version being available is summer or winter of next year. This is also really good research for the guild!

If anyone has a better solution, let me know. I just don't want to give up my spot if I'm gonna be heading back at 9:30 to get there on time or a little after. I'll be texting!

* Discord

Calendar

October 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5
[6] 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 113