Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Author Topic: New Build incoming: Guild strategy for play this time around  (Read 7848 times)

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
New Build incoming: Guild strategy for play this time around
« on: October 19, 2011, 08:56:58 pm »
Starting Friday, the Beta will be down for a new build, for those of us playing, I suggest we develop a new strategy this time around.

For starters we've been divided between factions, since its beta this is ok in some respects, but there is a lot of team building pvp/grouping strategies we have missed out on because there isn't enough of us on one side or the other to really develop good play time.

So first thing we should do is pick which faction we are playing this time. Im not going to say we should play republic in respect to those who dont want story spoiled until release. but we should decide as a group one way or the other and stick to it mostly.

second, I think we should set a day each week for premade pvp warzones and if we reach endgame, world pvp. I think its important for us to develop these strategies early on to help our fellow guildmates in this aspect. Huttball plays, alderaan base strategies, voidstar, Ilum, etc.

any suggestions? comments? anything we can do more to help us as  aguild and beta team will be better than what we have been doing recently.

Edit: to make this easier just post your preferred faction for the build and what day/time would be best for you for group pvp/flashpoints.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: New Build incoming: Guild strategy for play this time ar
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »
My vote is that we go Republic.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 10:49:40 pm »
Anamodiel likes this post.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 01:54:53 am »
Isn't it just myself and CT playing Sith rest of you playing republic?
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 04:35:32 am »
I was playing sith but i just never really connected with my Imperial Agent so then went Consular and thorougly enjoyed it.  If were gonna sort a night out im easy on both sides. Sith i'll probably roll a Bounty Hunter/Inquisitor republic ill roll my consular again as i love the way the class plays and probably what i'll end up playing as my main.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:43:41 am »
This build the only person I ever ran across playing republic was Ragnarok.

So this next build what ever faction we do lets do it as a guild this time.

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Build incoming: Guild strategy for play this tim
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:26:46 am »
Quote from: "Paitryn"
This build the only person I ever ran across playing republic was Ragnarok.

So this next build what ever faction we do lets do it as a guild this time.

You ran past me oh so briefly on Monday on Nar Shadaa.  I was playing a randomly name generated Sith warrior.

For me, if this were to happen I would solely be playing Sith.  Ideally a character I don't give a crap about story-wise (so probably Warrior or Inquisitor).  That being said, I can't guarantee a good chunk of time any day of the week.  Luckily I guess levelling isn't too much of an issue if we're mainly using grouping for PvP mechanics (only missing out on the extra abilities).

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out for whats happening, and roll a character with a name that actually links back to me.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Build incoming: Guild strategy for play this
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 05:29:43 pm »
The story thing never was very logical. I mean, I've played the smuggler story twice and enjoyed it both times, but I also know more of the story because of it than the one time run I would have done. plus sometimes its fun just to screw it up on purpose knowing it wont stick. as for spoilers your going to get those by random beta jerks who want to discuss certain plot endings while on coruscant. Trust me when I say its better to do your class quest now and get what you want then to do it when 5k people are doing it with you and cant stop discussing it. Sometimes I feel like i know more about the JK and JC story than the people playing them.

but if the story really worries you guys, we can go imp. but i need decisions here, not just random discussion.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 07:09:06 pm »
Why don't you make a poll and we can vote what side we want to go?

EDIT: or if someone has a major problem going republic we can just go imp.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 07:48:07 pm »
mainly because the 9 million plus polls in swtor forums has me poll-shy lol. really theres only a handful of us so it shouldn't be that big of an issue. just everyone say i want republic and I'm availible this time to this time on these days and we make a compromise from there.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 07:54:13 pm »
I don't really care what we go though I would prefer republic. Availability will vary week to week.

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 08:22:11 pm »
As a counter to your point paitryn, ive played two character to the 20's (26 Sith Warrior, 20 Inquisitor) and more to 10-11, i still have NO idea what the story of the ANY of the republic characters are, and i plan to keep it that way.

I don't want to know all the options of my story when launch hits, because I would then be making choices based on knowing the outcome. This basically would be making my launch experience no different than that of any purely text based MMO like WoW, or Aion or Aoc or any of the other millions of MMO's out there.  

I respect your view of wanting to play the class you choose be become familiar as possible with it and support the side you feel is correct as I many times have wanted to kill the people I'm helping as Sith. But as far as i'm concerned, of you roll Imps i will gladly play with y'all and stream our game play for people not lucky enough to get in beta, or ill be playing with CT and anyone else shares my viewpoint and we'll run in separate groups like last beta.
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 08:25:50 pm »
I guess we are going imps then.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Build incoming: Guild strategy for play
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:57 pm »
Quote from: "JP"
As a counter to your point paitryn, ive played two character to the 20's (26 Sith Warrior, 20 Inquisitor) and more to 10-11, I still have NO idea what the story of the ANY of the republic characters are, and I plan to keep it that way.

I don't want to know all the options of my story when launch hits, because I would then be making choices based on knowing the outcome. This basically would be making my launch experience no different than that of any purely text based MMO like WoW, or Aion or Aoc or any of the other millions of MMO's out there.  

I respect your view of wanting to play the class you choose be become familiar as possible with it and support the side you feel is correct as I many times have wanted to kill the people I'm helping as Sith. But as far as I'm concerned, of you roll Imps I will gladly play with y'all and stream our game play for people not lucky enough to get in beta, or ill be playing with CT and anyone else shares my viewpoint and we'll run in separate groups like last beta.

At what point was this a point at all?????

OMFG i said we pick a side and go with it not all go republic or i would say we all go republic.

Im really getting sick of this shit. this was about teamwork and helping out those guildmates that arent in beta with some teambased feedback so when we group up, we're doing so more effectively. since the classes are all mirrors of each other, faction specifics are pretty much not needed, just team based play.

I dont really care if you feel guilty or dont want the story ruined or whatever your reasoning is. just tell me you want to go imperial and that your availible at x time on x days so we can get things organized.

why the hell is this so freakin hard? I dont care that you want to go imperial just say I vote we go imperial.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Build incoming: Guild strategy for p
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »
On that note im going to work to deal with the rest of my stress in life. last thing i needed was stress from a guild im not even an officer in.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 72