Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread  (Read 49806 times)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official T
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2010, 12:42:04 pm »
New Playable Species!
So far we’ve only dropped hints about the range of playable species in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. You may have heard about the Chiss Imperial Agent or the Twi’lek Smuggler, but we can tell you now that all classes will include optional non-human species.

Actual Post with Pics

Among the most exciting character types you’ll be able to choose from is the Sith Pureblood. For the first time ever in a video game, Players can choose to be a member of the original Sith Race, the red-skinned descendants of such notorious Sith Lords as Naga Sadow and Marka Ragnos. The rage of these fallen ancestors of the Sith Pureblood lives on in the Sith Warriors who dominate the battlefield with their intimidating presence and aggressive tactics.

A near-human species with unrivaled strength in the Force, Miraluka can become powerful Jedi Knights. Hailing from a homeworld with no visible light waves, the Miraluka evolved to see their surroundings entirely through the Force. To cover their vestigial eye sockets, they wear veils and blindfolds that range from colorful to austere. Miraluka Jedi Knights charge into battle with the Force guiding the graceful attacks of their Lightsabers to always hit home.

As one of the most wise and mystical species in the galaxy, the green-skinned Mirialans can become powerful Jedi Consulars. Mirialans are known for their symbolic facial tattoos and natural agility. They are also respected for their patience and insight. Mirialan Jedi Consulars lead Republic Forces into battle with assurance and harness powerful Force energies to defeat their enemies.

Among the slaves serving the Sith Empire, there are many aliens with Force potential, but few species have the grit to join the ranks of the Sith. A proud species from an inhospitable world, Zabraks are among the few with the determination and ferocity to become Sith Inquisitors. Sporting horns and facial tattoos, these fierce aliens are self-reliant and aggressive. Zabrak Sith Inquisitors intimidate both their enemies and their colleagues with their fighting prowess and ruthless command of the Force.

As excited for these playable species as we hope you are, the list is not yet complete. We look forward to announcing further options in the coming months. We will also have additional details on the species above, so check the Inhabitants section regularly to make sure you get the latest information available.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2010, 06:19:38 pm »
Yay for updates!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2010, 08:55:12 pm »

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 10, 2010, 03:05:50 am »
Also confirms the advanced classes for the Jedi Knight. Guardian and Sentinel; tank and dps respectively.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2010, 12:08:23 pm »
Jedi Knight HoloNet Update!

As part of our ongoing class updates, we are thrilled to confirm the Advanced Classes for the valiant Jedi Knight – Guardian and Sentinel! Whether you want to defend the weak and inspire your allies to amazing feats as a Guardian or learn the art of using two Lightsabers simultaneously to create an intricate web of damage as a Sentinel, the Advanced Class system in Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢ will help you customize your character. Check out the Jedi Knight section on the HoloNet for more information! Check out the media section to see a new video of the Jedi Knight in action, and download some never-before-seen screenshots!

We've also updated the Biography section with someone indispensable to the Jedi Knight – Astromech T7-01! Visit the HoloNet to learn about this known associate from the Jedi Knight holorecord, or by accessing the T7-O1 biography.

EDIT: Awesome Jedi video. Shows some of the great aspects to the character, ie speaking with the council, leading troops into battle, etc Even knocking an enemy off a barge into a Sarlaac pit! I'm so pumped for this game.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 18, 2010, 10:25:38 am »
Advanced Classes for the Sith Inquisitor, Jedi Consular, Trooper, Imperial Agent and Bounty Hunter revealed at GamesCom.

On a side note, I hope that the armour in the trailer above has the ability to be customized with different colours: Black and white :D

EDIT: One of the AC's for the consular is 'Wizard' LOLOLOLOLOL

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Offici
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2010, 03:13:20 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"
EDIT: One of the AC's for the consular is 'Wizard' LOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah some of those class names are fail.

Whatever team or individual is running the swtor project should already know the risks involved with repeated low level aggravation of external customers (aka us) they registered as stakeholders (not sure if we're considered important from a business perspective). These conflicts stem from not adequately gathering requirements or expert advice (or they just got bad advice). I hope this is not an indicator of how the game scope as a whole has been determined.
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread
« Reply #172 on: August 18, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »
Saw this guild on the forums and went to their site.... Looks like a half decent live video they made.  

http://exosyn.com/swtor/content.php

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 18, 2010, 07:39:48 pm »
I can't find the video and everything wants me to register.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #174 on: August 18, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »
Keeping tabs on SolisFate are we? He is the co-leader. It really is quite amazing how much we influenced these guilds that keep popping up. Just read their info page, do some parts sound familiar?

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #175 on: August 18, 2010, 07:45:34 pm »
oh and... if you read the credits of the video. It would seem none of that is 'original' guild footage.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 18, 2010, 09:38:11 pm »
Ok, checking on my computer, I found the video. Yeah, they just found clips of star wars fights and spliced them together and gave credit in very small print at the end. One of the credits is even Warner Bros.

Good editing, though a little too blurry for my taste.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2010, 04:46:02 am »
On Gamespot, they interviewed Daniel Erickson (lead writer) and he mentioned that there are loads of ways to gain XP... he even said you can get it from being in Battlegrounds. So, it looks like you get XP from PvP in SW:TOR. Sweeeet.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2010, 02:03:30 pm »
I think their website and video is pretty dang awesome.  I think way less of them now I know it's just borrowed footage but nothing tells me we can't do better.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2010, 04:23:49 pm »
I couldn't watch more than skimming through it for a few seconds. I've seen a lot of those videos before, and they just added effects and music that ruined them instead of bringing them together. Ew.

* Discord

Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 [22]
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 171
  • Dot Hidden: 0