MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread  (Read 52189 times)

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2010, 11:03:45 pm »
I'm going for trooper. I have always shied away from force users and smuggler is a little to squishy for my tastes.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2010, 11:07:46 am »
Quote from: "Ragnarok"
smuggler is a little to squishy for my tastes.

"Squishy"?

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2010, 03:33:12 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
I'm looking forward to Smuggler.

Space is cool.

Pirates are cool.

Space pirates are cool.

This man speaks the truth.

I'm more than likely going smuggler unless something else catches my interest in the glass cannon category.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2010, 10:51:45 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Quote from: "Ragnarok"
smuggler is a little to squishy for my tastes.

"Squishy"?

Well here is the definition.

Main Entry: squishy
Pronunciation: \ˈskwi-shē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): squish·i·er; squish·i·est
Date: circa 1847

1 : being soft, yielding, and usually damp
2 : not firm, steady, or fixed : soft: as a : lenient 2 <squishy> b : imprecise <squishy>

Yeah the smuggler cant soak up that much damage so he/she is squishy. That is why they have the whole cover system thing.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2010, 04:10:41 am »

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2010, 11:33:27 am »
Guess you didn't see our announcement about that, Subb...lol

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread
« Reply #156 on: July 30, 2010, 09:56:22 am »
Nar Shaddaa: Crowning Jewel of the Underworld
Circling the planet Hutta is its largest moon – Nar Shaddaa, the ultimate corrupt city. Dominated by underworld concerns and owned by the Hutts, this sprawling mass of skyscrapers is considered one of the most dangerous and exciting places in the galaxy, where anything can be had for the right price.

Access the HoloNet to learn more about Nar Shaddaa. Check out this video to see the endless city that covers the moon's landscape. Also, don’t forget to visit the media section for never-before-seen screenshots, concept art, and wallpapers showing this capital of illegal commerce.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20100730_001

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2010, 12:03:06 pm »
Yeah, I got an email saying "Explore the Underworld of Nar Shaddaa" and for a split second thought "Are they asking me to game test a planet???"

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Threa
« Reply #158 on: July 30, 2010, 12:41:25 pm »
Quote from: "Adad"
Nar Shaddaa: Crowning Jewel of the Underworld
Circling the planet Hutta is its largest moon – Nar Shaddaa, the ultimate corrupt city. Dominated by underworld concerns and owned by the Hutts, this sprawling mass of skyscrapers is considered one of the most dangerous and exciting places in the galaxy, where anything can be had for the right price.

Access the HoloNet to learn more about Nar Shaddaa. Check out this video to see the endless city that covers the moon's landscape. Also, don’t forget to visit the media section for never-before-seen screenshots, concept art, and wallpapers showing this capital of illegal commerce.

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20100730_001

Sprawling futuristic cityscapes? My pants just got tighter.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official T
« Reply #159 on: July 30, 2010, 12:46:46 pm »
I thought they used the same wordplay for Coruscant? :p

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2010, 07:08:11 pm »
Quotes from the call transcript that seem SW:TOR related
http://seekingalpha.com/article/218456-electronic-arts-q1-2011-earnings-call-transcript?part=qanda

"EA is incurring significant development costs for a major new massively multiplayer online game. However, this game is not expected to ship in fiscal '11."

"You asked about the MMO we have in development and how whether most of the spend in R&D is behind us. We’ve said previously that we’re not planning to launch a title on this fiscal year and you can expect it next. Given it’s a multi-year investment process, I guess, technically, the majority of R&D is certainly behind us by the end of this fiscal year."

"On Star Wars, I'd make a couple of points. One is MMO RPGs are often sort of late in coming together relative to being able to see how great a product it is. RPGs in general are that way and MMOs are even more so that way. It's actually been in the last quarter literally from what you could see at E3 on, that you can actually see just how great the title is going to be. So we've gone from the last, say, couple of years of saying, “BioWare’s a great studio, the game design is a great game design. The technology underlying architecture is well conceived and the creative team is really talented. So they should make a good game.” To still believing all those things and seeing a great game. That feels a lot better to us. It's a process you go through with most game titles and one that we sort of passed through in sort of May or June of this calendar year. In terms of how much cost we're carrying, we've never specifically identified the number although Eric and I in prior communications have indicated that the investment in the calendar year exceeds that for a typical high-scale Packaged Goods title. MMOs are an expensive business and we're investing to realize great success."

They also said in there somewhere that SW:TOR would not be releasing until FY2012. EA's Fiscal Year 2011 ends March 31, 2011. This is even more cause to believe that the game is releasing in April/May.

And I swear to Jesus it better not release during the week of my finals. I will be livid.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2010, 07:31:40 pm »
Like I said, add 6 months to any release estimate given. Spring 2011 means Fall/Winter...

On the bright side, if that's the case we'll still have a full year of recruiting before the game starts even if we don't get the challenge out until October...lol.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 05, 2010, 05:14:11 am »
Yeah. DON'T RELEASE IT IN MAY!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:55 am »
June would be perfect. :)

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 06, 2010, 12:40:39 pm »
The Mandalorian Wars
The Mandalorian Wars included some of the bloodiest battles in the Republic’s history. Mandalore the Ultimate’s relentless campaign to goad the Jedi into open conflict cost the lives of millions. Though the entrance of a Jedi splinter faction into the war is perceived as the factor that turned the tide against the Mandalorians, the perseverance of Republic soldiers and pilots like Carth Onasi cannot be underestimated. Jedi Master Gnost-Dural’s historical investigation analyzes the conflict with the perspective of modern events, highlighting the implications for the war against the Sith Empire.

BTC 311 – Too often, the Mandalorian Wars are characterized solely as a prelude to the Jedi Civil War, but the events surrounding the conflict itself bear close examination. When Mandalore the Ultimate called together the clans and began augmenting his armies further with Neo-Crusaders, his intention was to pull the Jedi Order into open conflict. As is the tradition in their culture, the Mandalorians sought to establish themselves as the most powerful faction in the galaxy by defeating the faction they considered to be their greatest rivals. Though the Jedi Council resisted the Mandalorian challenge, the splinter group led by Revan and Malak eventually joined the fray and won the war. Though there has never been a hint that the Sith were involved in the Mandalorian Wars, new analysis from Jedi Master Gnost-Dural suggests that the influence of the dark side was involved. The bittersweet victory in the Mandalorian Wars took a toll on the Republic for which the price is still being paid to this day…

Watch the latest Timeline holorecord, The Mandalorian Wars narrated by actor Lance Henriksen.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 83