MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread  (Read 52190 times)

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Thread
« Reply #135 on: June 15, 2010, 02:34:36 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
HIGHLIGHT FOR SPOILERS:

Wait wait wait wait wait... did she block... the fucking lightsaber... with her goddamn hand?!

Also, did anyone else recognize the voicework?

SPOILERS
potentially, but honestly I think she was absorbing it.. that is a force ability, energy absorbtion. Supposedly extremely rare though.. it allows the user to absorb energy either force or actual energy and channel it to either make the user stronger/replenish energy/or telekenis.. I think that is what they were showing happened. After she absorbed the blades energy she used telekenisis right after...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_absorb

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 15, 2010, 10:04:41 pm »
During some research, I found out there was actually an episode of Clone Wars all about Iego. You guys may want to watch.  Unfortunately they show the actual angels... Doesn't mean we have to follow that view, but Lucas played a role in their development I guess.

http://mastertoons.com/Mystery-of-a-Thousand-Moons.html

And if you'd like to play a game based on Iego:
www.starwars.com/games/playnow/droids_over_iego/

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 15, 2010, 10:30:12 pm »
Post on Wookieepedia (lol)

"Are you an angel? […] I've heard the deep space pilots talk about them. They're the most beautiful creatures in the universe. They live on the moons of Iego, I think."
    ―Anakin Skywalker to Padmé Amidala

Iego, named the Planet of a Thousand Moons, was a planet located in the Extrictarium Nebula in the Outer Rim Territories. Due to the obscurity of the Nebula, Iego did not appear on any starcharts. Iego did not orbit a sun; rather, it was warmed by local stellar gases. It was home to the subterranean Maelibi species, as well as thousands of stranded spacefarers who had been lured to the planet by the Diathim—a spaceworthy species that resided on Iego's forty-two moons. Although Iego appeared to have no noteworthy natural resources, the concepts of aging and hunger somehow eluded its residents.

In spacer lore, Iego was considered a mythical location, and was the subject of many stories and rumors. Numerous expeditions set out to find the planet, though few succeeded, and the ones who did were for the most part unable to leave. Due to the amount of hearsay surrounding the planet, as well as its continued unconfirmed location, most members of the galaxy's scientific community dismissed Iego as a spacefarer's tale.

Inhabitants

Iego's original inhabitants, the Maelibi (also called Demons), were large, subterranean creatures that sang a song so pure that it was regarded as the very essence of song. They lived in large, underground caverns, but they intermittently poached the castaway population, dragging their screaming victims back below ground.

The inhabitants of Iego's moon Millius Prime, Diathim  (also called Angels), were vibrant, flying creatures that were said to be of legendary beauty. When a new starship  arrived in orbit, a mass of angels assembled around it, entrancing the pilot into crashing his ship onto the rocky surface of Iego.

For many years, spacers somehow ended up on Iego. Very few ever made it back. A mass of starships named the Scatter sat on Iego's surface and around it lived the castaway tribes. Each time a new being landed on the planet they pledged allegiance to one of the tribes. There were a select few who chose not to join a tribe and instead live inside the Scatter; alone, angry, and often insane.

For some reason, time did not seem to affect Iego, as castaways no longer felt the burden of age or hunger. It was said that Humans who served in the Great Sith War could still be alive on Iego millennia later.

History

Originally a planet of legend known as Maelibo, smugglers eventually located reliable routes through the Extrictarium Nebula. A former state of Xim's empire, towards the end of the Old Republic, spice convoys visited the planet and brought more civilized living to the inhabitants. They eventually dried up, and Iego became increasingly isolated.

During the Clone Wars, the Separatists invaded the planet and established battle droid garrisons, but eventually abandoned the planet. Before leaving, they installed an orbital security system that destroyed any ship trying to leave the system. The inhabitants of the planet believed the amount of casualties in orbit was because of the wrath of "Drol", a destructive spirit that would allow nobody to leave the planet. Jaybo Hood, a ten year old prodigy, made use of the battle droids left on the planet and reassigned them to his personal commands.

When Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi arrived on the planet to collect a reeksa root necessary to create an antidote to the Blue Shadow Virus, the locals told them about the myth of Drol. The Jedi soon discovered that it was actually a laser security system that went off whenever a ship passed through the area. They destroyed it with Jaybo's Vulture droids, bringing freedom to Iego.

During the Second Imperial Civil War, Iego was one of the worlds that supported the Galactic Alliance Remnant.

The Angels of Iego closely resemble the Sirens from the Greek epic The Odyssey, beautiful creatures that used their songs to lure ships to crash.

An angel as depicted in Clone Wars, based on Lucas' vision:

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 15, 2010, 10:55:18 pm »
Adad suggested this in Teamspeak - maybe we could somehow incorporate the original FA Angel into this, especially because they look so similar?

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2010, 02:08:22 am »
Quote from: "Adad"
During some research, I found out there was actually an episode of Clone Wars all about Iego. You guys may want to watch.  Unfortunately they show the actual angels... Doesn't mean we have to follow that view, but Lucas played a role in their development I guess.

I believe that the Angel seen there has changed form, if memory serves. But don't quote me on that.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #142 on: July 11, 2010, 02:41:30 pm »
If any of you are into podcasts, check out Darth Hater.  The site itself is a great source of the latest TOR news, but the podcast is very informative and very professional.  Essentially the TOR equivalent of Radio Free Zion.

You can subscribe through iTunes here.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #143 on: July 11, 2010, 03:35:32 pm »
Nice. I've got it streaming to my iPhone so I can listen to it on my long drives.

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2010, 03:24:21 am »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
If any of you are into podcasts, check out Darth Hater.  The site itself is a great source of the latest TOR news, but the podcast is very informative and very professional.  Essentially the TOR equivalent of Radio Free Zion.

You can subscribe through iTunes here.

If it's like Radio Free Zion, them I'll definitely give them a listen.  It also helps that I have nothing better to do...

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2010, 08:47:14 pm »
Just curious, what classes are people going? I am still debating between Consular and Trooper. I can go with either from an RP standpoint, really just trying to figure out which will be better for variety in the PvP/PvE team.
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2010, 09:26:09 pm »
I'm definitely digging the Consular class, though I'm gonna be one of those abhorred non-healing ones.  Of course, I'll be trying them all out before dedicating myself to just one (hopefully I get into Beta!).

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2010, 09:33:51 pm »
I'm going with the Jedi Knight on this one. Not sure on specialization yet...

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2010, 09:54:57 pm »
I'm looking forward to Smuggler.

Space is cool.

Pirates are cool.

Space pirates are cool.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2010, 10:25:17 pm »
Jedi Consular ftw!

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 88