Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Author Topic: Battle at Inairith  (Read 2561 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Battle at Inairith
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:21:54 pm »
Our hamlet has been challenged by Misanthropy, a no-name clan looking to make their name. They had applied to join CotC, and decided to siege us without letting CotC know. Despite this, CotC decided to back them, allowing the clan shard carrier to hide in United Front's hamlet.

We asked for help from our allies (Oromea, etc.), however DUSK has a non aggression pact with CotC, and therefore so does DAWN. So none of our allies have decided to help us.

A small group of us (maybe 8) tried to rush the shard holder. We died to their 30 or so. More of the CotC clans continued to roll in as we waited.

To be continued...

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hamlet Sieged
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:01:41 pm »
freiking-A!! i've jsut about had it with Oromea... at first i was like, "maybe they'll change, maybe they'll stop this nonsense with DUSK" but no... apparently They feel that a Non aggression pact is more valuable than helping an ally... come on! they obviously need to learn a lesson in whats right! i mean they shouldnt even hesitate at the thought of helping us.... im not saying that i hate Oromea.. i really like their players.. its just that their leadership sucks balls... and not any little monkey balls... im talking about big king kong balls here...
again i do apologize for leaving the fight after our first attemt of attacking the shard holder... but real life stuff came up.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 01:40:18 am »
The result...

Hyperion, CotC's enemy, got wind of our siege and offered their help. They couldn't make it in time, so they sent a team of mercenaries, TheMercs and Rainbow Ninjas. Our clan shard was down to about 40% when these guys came through and rolled them. They protected the hamlet until the timer was out, and in return we gave them 75% of the wager (so we gave them 15k and got to keep 5k). Not bad considering the alternative would have been losing the hamlet and gaining nothing. They were pretty cocky, but in general nice guys. Impressive soldiers, as they beat back the enemy several times despite being outnumbered.

Offline Zortarg

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.benfee.de
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 02:12:56 am »
not bad... sadly happend in the middle of the night of my time. but good to hear that it went well.
and another reason to kick oromeas ass one day.
Two planets are meeting in space. Asks the first:"Do you have human as well?" Answers the second:"Yes, but that passes by."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 02:33:18 am »

Offline Demiabeille

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 03:23:43 am »
That is awesome, I read this on the way to work and people on the train must have wondered why I kept chuckling. What a crappy situation to be in but so great to win out in the end! Sort of makes you feel like the cause is worthwhile.

It's also funny to think that if they HAD won the hamlet, they would have regretted it :P They clearly had no idea what they were doing.

Another positive is that this will have got our name out there and more people will see our purpose than was possible before. Perhaps it will weed out a few of the clans we were searching for to join our cause!

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 03:26:12 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
My public post on the whole ordeal: http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=3316041#post3316041

Yea.. i had to put my 2 cents into that thread... hope you dont mind... kinda mad at oromea... lol
There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  People who understand binary, and people who do not.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 03:33:16 am »
Yeah, Knight, please back out of the thread. Our "neutrality" towards the situation is quickly starting to look like we're pissy. Part of our persona is keeping our head. Be cool.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 03:49:24 am »
shite; middle of the night for me; glad we kept the hamlet and found some people who had the capacity and desire to help.

ahh, the joy of the edit button! T, now read your darkfall post; nice read. Could you post the names/ clans of those willing to help? would be nice to repay them by random friendly acts if i see them around.

Offline Setun

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 10:23:33 am »
Well it seems your post has turned these various guilds on each other lol.  Interestingly enough Lexxina from Heroes Fate claims they were going to help, but were "held up" in Dwarf Lands.  Did you receive word of this at all yesterday T?  It could've been lost in the swamp of tells you must've had last night....but in any event if you want to try and find people to get an actual "fuck this all race alliance noise" alliance sort of thing going, I strongly recommend talking to Heroes Fate.  I dunno what their numbers are these days, but Lexx is a lot like Broin, so I'd imagine he's probably just as irritated with Oromea as we are...only Lexx is Canadian and owns 2 cats....-no homo-....

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 10:49:38 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Yeah, Knight, please back out of the thread. Our "neutrality" towards the situation is quickly starting to look like we're pissy. Part of our persona is keeping our head. Be cool.

srry about that tbone

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 10:51:55 am »
We've had a lot of positive feedback to that post. I think people see it as a breath of fresh air from all the political mud-slinging their used to. Coalition of the Chillin sent me a message saying they didn't lead that siege and that, out of respect for our neutrality, will not siege our hamlet in the future. No response from Oromea and friends. With DUSK falling apart and now their own kind not in any mood to help them, they're probably not feeling too good about the state of things. Or maybe they are in blissful ignorance in their city.

We were able to turn a negative into a positive, and I think my "balanced write up" will get us a pretty good rep to those who may not know much about us.

Offline KnightOfZero

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 10:54:06 am »
ive said it once and im gonna say it again... i really think that WE are the ones that are gonna start Agon WWI... lol seriously

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 11:39:47 am »
I hope you don't mind T but I put up a quick note thanking everyone who helped, nothing more.  With Knight's posts, there was a response or two about how we claim neutrality yet we say we're allied with Oremea, may need some clearing up.  Also there was a post saying that no one touched on the subject that we turned down the alliances invitations and actually turned on them.  May want to address these...

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 12:45:38 pm »
Yup, I've addressed all of that.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024