MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Beta Objectives  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Beta Objectives
« on: January 30, 2009, 11:19:12 pm »
First of all, calm down. Still no Beta keys. But since we're still waiting around, I thought this would be a good opportunity to discuss some of our objectives for when we do get in Beta. If you haven't been in a Beta before, this will come in handy. If you have, this will still come in handy.

The top priority is to, of course, fix the game. If you see a bug, fix it. If you think there's a way to cheat, do it and report the details. Now is the time to squash all those bugs so those jerkwads won't be sploiting or breaking the game come release.

Now, in regards to FA and using Beta for our own effectiveness. So far I've split it up into three categories. Choose a category and that's what you'll initially be focusing on if/when we get in.

Group 1 - Exploration - Your main task is to go out and the world and discover everything that you can. At times this will be tedious. We need to map cities, dungeons, mob spots, resources, bind stones, city stones, chests, etc. etc. etc. etc. You can start with the Mirdain area so that when we start out, we'll have a good lay of the land with our own territory. Once you've got that knocked out, expand. You'll need to take a lot of notes and make a lot of maps.

Group 2 - Economy - Your main task is to discover the most effective way to build and maintain a strong war fund, farm materials, and provide equipment for the guild. This will include discovering the benefits of crafting versus PvE farming, how much money should be collected from guild members for guild-related activities, the requirements to make things like equipment, clan cities, etc. etc. etc. Obviously this will deal a lot with crafting, but also some loot drop tables and more. Without a good economy, we won't get very far.

Group 3 - Combat - Your main task is to explore the skill list and begin to determine effective builds for PvP, PvE, survival, etc. Obviously an essential part of our purpose, you'll need to figure out the system of stamina, mana, food, stealth, dps, target vs. melee, and more. Do some things work better in PvE than PvP? What's a good combination of players (tank, range, healer?....magic, range, range?....etc). What mobs are stronger than others? Any that are good to farm on? How much is skill and how much is stats? We should have at least one person from each type working on this (so ranged, melee, magic, defense...).

Now a lot of these groups will bleed over into each other. And if you get too tired of one thing, you can maybe switch with someone in another group or spend a little time helping the other group.

So what I'm looking for... please choose one initial objective to focus on. I think these three are good ones to start on. It won't split us up too much and we'll have all our bases covered. Remember that Beta is about figuring out the game so that we'll be ready to go come launch. There's no sense in worrying about building up your character stats or anything like that until AFTER we've figured out these initial objectives. THEN we'll start focusing a bit more on building up to get some hardcore PvP under our belts.

I am also looking for a leader for each of these groups. I need one main person whose primary focus will be taking extremely diligent notes and marking off what we still need to look at and what we've already put together. If you're looking to do this, you should be anal about stats, details, every nook and cranny, you get the idea. You should apply if you have a love for the nit picky, not if you wanna run around telling people what to do. This is a temporary position, but obviously it will be taken into consideration when looking for more permanent leadership roles.

Those wishing to apply to head up one of these groups should PM me with the preferred group, experience with that particular objective, available hours for the next few weeks, and how many of those hours you will be able to make. Otherwise please reply in this thread with the group you have chosen. If we have too many people in one group, I will be asking some of you to switch over.

For those curious, I'll probably be hopping around between all three groups making sure everything is running smoothly and filling in for when a group needs help. You guys are the machine that's gonna make this thing work - I'm just here to make sure your well-oiled and have all the resources and instructions you need ;)

Thanks guys. I'll be making threads soon that will work to organize your notes. Sorry once again we are still not in Beta, but hopefully that will be happening soon. On a positive note, it gives us time to have a nice recruitment and be very organized so that no time is wasted!

Offline Runjun

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Objectives
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 11:37:52 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
First of all, calm down. Still no Beta keys.

That's as far as I got before

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:09:33 am »
Combat please T.  I nominate Jeyk and Pirus for combat too;)

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 07:30:56 am »
Wanted combat but the nominee over there hurts my call lol

if thats a no go, I can explore

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:30:26 pm »
I know me and Setun are down for exploration for sure!

(Part time combat is a must for us as well, but in due time. I think it will pretty much come with the exploration so.. :P)

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 05:37:19 pm »
Agreed there Mr. NoCry - I would like combat as well, please.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 05:39:35 pm »
Quote from: "ArchNemesis"
I know me and Setun are down for exploration for sure!

(Part time combat is a must for us as well, but in due time. I think it will pretty much come with the exploration so.. :P)

Yes part of exploration will be testing out the mobs in the area.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 06:10:24 pm »
I'll be doing the exploration part as well.

/sign

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 06:57:55 pm »
I'm in for combat.  Need to get the hang of that bow.

Anonymous

Beta Objectives
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 07:11:10 pm »
I would like do combat, because I've been a guy testing out systems, improving the effectivity and stuff.
So for the thinking part of combinations and skills I would be a good choice ;)

Offline Setun

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Beta Objectives
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 10:53:58 pm »
Yeah I'm definitely going with exploration there like Arch said.  But I'm going to sit for awhile figuring out the way skills and combat truly work and see how stuff like the ranged capabilities of weapons and arrows n such work.  Cause if there's going to be lances in game then by God I'm going to be poking the shit out of everything and figuring ways of keeping a safe distance from the SnS users lol.

Anonymous

Beta Objectives
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 12:10:54 am »
Was thinking about takin a hardened crew on a search and destroy mission. Head for a distant spot on the map and kill what ever we see. See what drops the good stuff and where all the resources are. If there are any who wants to join flick me a email.

Anonymous

Beta Objectives
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2009, 12:26:52 pm »
I'd prefer combat, but would happily do exploration if necessary. Economy is the one thing I'd like to avoid, but I'm pretty flexible between the other two.

Offline Jarimus

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Beta Objectives
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2009, 01:35:29 pm »
Group 2 - Economy

THE FEW, THE PROUD, BABY!!!!!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Beta Objectives
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2009, 01:49:00 pm »
I'll do the economy as well.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 107