Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Author Topic: On the Scene...  (Read 6086 times)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 11:09:47 pm »
ON SCENE REPORT:  Single vehicle collision.  Driver lost control of vehicle and crashed into a single pumping kiosk at a gas station.  Vehicle had one occupant who was transported to nearby hospital for multiple facial lacerations.  Gas pumping kiosk caught fire but was quickly extinguished; emergancy gas shut-off was activated by first arriving units.

BTW:  I'm in the 2nd picture; whoever guesses correctly gets a prize.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 12:02:45 am »

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 12:03:16 am »
either that or the really sparkly one... wait

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 12:15:35 am »
Wow...and on the first guess.  Congrats Lits...name your prize. (within reason of course, I am a married man now)

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 12:43:17 am »
Wow, poor truck, and poor gas pump. :(  Driver under the influence?  Good thing you guys got that fire out quickly. :x I'd hate to see the pictures if you hadn't.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 01:37:06 am »
a cookie?

Anonymous

On the Scene...
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 04:18:28 am »
Heh I got to see one like that a few years ago.  Elderly woman lost control of the car, somehow in reverse after filling up with gas; she took the hose with her still attached to the car, backed into the bump then went forward and pinned a Harley to the opposite pump.

I was sitting near the front of the forecourt and all I could think was "I wonder how big the explosion will be, and will I be far away enough in time", but the staff pulled the emergency lever and nobody was hurt.  Still very cool to see though :D

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
On the Scene...
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2007, 05:35:10 pm »
Quote from: "Lits"
a cookie?

Be careful. She laces her cookies with less than three. I ate one and got hooked. *twitch*

That first scene you posted makes my jaw drop...

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 10:54:40 pm »
ON SCENE REPORT:  Box **-*, Fire on the 4th floor, Garden Style aparment building with multiple people trapped.  Ladder Truck was first unit on scene and confirmed Heavy Fire showing through multiple windows on Side Alpha with smoke blowing through Side Charlie.  Also confirmed 5 victims trapped on multiple balconies and hanging out windows.  2nd Alarm was pulled to assist with fire attack and effect the rescue of the occupants.  

I was riding the Rescue Squad and was dispatched as the R.I.C.  which stands for Rapid Intervention Company.  Which means our primary concern is firefighter rescue and occupant search and rescue.  Sorry the pictures aren't the greatest in the world but what can you expect when we hand the camera off to a rookie.  

Oh and just to give you a clue of the day I had this was Fire number 2 out of 3 for my shift.  The first was a two-story house fire, then this one then a Metro Rail car caught fire at the platform at 6 this morning.  Fun day (I'll see if I can scrounge up photos of the Metro Fire)

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 11:04:25 pm »
ON SCENE REPORT:  Here's a quick pic of a House Fire I ran back in January.  This time I was on the Ladder Truck.  This is what we call the Free-burning stage of the fire, where the room where the fire originated has already flashed over, igniting not only the contents in the room, but the gases that were in there as well.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
On the Scene...
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 05:54:17 pm »
Whoa, Metro fire? I was in town!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 05:56:45 pm »
Wow. Scary stuff. o.o

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2008, 06:13:15 pm »
Yikes Yotogi... very heroic stuff.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2008, 08:46:59 pm »
THREE FIREFIGHTERS INJURED IN BLAZE, ONE CIVILIAN DIES

ON SCENE REPORT: At 0050 hours, units responded to Box Area **-**, for the apartment fire. Units went onscene with heavy fire conditions on the second and third floors, along with people trapped in a garden apartment. The fire went to three alarms.

Here is what A Fire & Rescue Service spokesman wrote in a press release:

"Within the first 5-10 minutes of arriving, and during firefighting and initial rescue operations, it is believed that a catastrophic floor collapse occurred sending two of three firefighting crew members from the third level into the seat of the fire on the second floor (the area of origin). A ’Mayday’ distress (firefighter down) signal was immediately activated while the two firefighters immediately sought refuge by jumping through a second floor window, landing on the ground below. In doing so they sustained serious injuries. The third firefighter was able to self-rescue through the interior to the outside.

At about the same time rescues were being made by the Rescue Squad  who located a victim in a second floor apartment, near the front door and the Tower who removed multiple trapped occupants via ground ladders. The victim removed by the Rescue Squad crew succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced dead on the scene. A total of four residents were rescued by firefighters.

A Fire Captain/Paramedic, age 38, a 17 year veteran, was flown to the **** Burn Unit at the **** Hospital Center. His injuries are serious, but not life threatening. A Firefighter, age 31, an 8 year veteran was also flown to the **** Burn Unit. His injuries are serious, but not life threatening. Both are being admitted. The third Firefighter, is in his 20’s has been with the fire service for about one year. He was transported by a medic unit to the **** Burn Unit. His injuries were less serious and he is expected to be treated and released."

The spokesperson reports that it wasn't just a small hole that burned through the floor, dropping the two firefighters from the third to the second level. He says it was a large section of the bedroom and possibly living room. A lot of indication the fire had been burning for some time. According to Piringer the crew from Engine XXX and the other first arriving units were heavily engaged in life-safety issues when the floor collapsed.

The spokesperson says the two firefighters were forced to bail out of the second level on Side C which was a longer drop than Side A (two stories in the front and three in the rear).

I was not on this fire but thought I'd post it because the 3 firefighters were from my department.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
On the Scene...
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 02:04:46 am »
oh God... how awful. And they still saved four lives?

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 38