MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Slumberil  (Read 2279 times)

Anonymous

Slumberil
« on: September 10, 2005, 02:27:53 pm »
www.slumberil.com

it appears there's some kind of puzzle here.

this is definately an MxO website.  slumberil is THE bluepill.

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 02:29:29 pm »
Hehe, We had a fun time playing with this in beta, however, it turned out not to be made by the MxO staff (from what I heard), and that who ever made it has stopped adding to it.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Slumberil
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 02:33:13 pm »
No, it was done by the MxO Staff (they even linked to it via one of their screenshots of the day), unless they were just giving a nod to whoever was doing it. I'm guessing the project was abandoned - it may have been just a test run. Maybe the site will come alive again in due time, though with a different staff, I doubt it.

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 02:33:51 pm »
oh :(

there's a search engine inside for slumberil retailers and even a page to login a username and password.

i guess i can stop looking for clues to the password.

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 04:25:50 pm »
Wasnt the site taken down?  Guess its alive again.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Slumberil
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 04:29:52 pm »
That place is also used in a path puzzle.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 04:42:49 pm »
Hmmm this is interesting...

Dear Slumberil,

I'm a mother and housewife, and I felt compelled to come forward and praise Slumberil for saving not only my life but that of my only child Tom. Tom had a happy and troublefree youth, sure he dealt and felt with the normal playground rough housing, sure he was shunned by most of the other kids at school, and nick named affectionally "Freak", yet inspite of these obstacles, Tom was on the fast track, excelling in math and computer science, although suffering in creativity and self belief.

I guess the warning signs that first alerted me to Tom's, "condition", was when the household cutlery started disappearing. When I confronted Tom about the "borrowing" he passively and repeatitively retorted "there is no spoon". I decided to adopt a wait and see attitude replacing the missing warez, in hopes that this "phase" would come and go like the night terrors and bed wetting.

Yet the kleptomania persisted for several weeks, and after numerous trips to the Big One, for additonal stocks of spoons, I can only imagine the Lord heard my nightly prayers for guidance. The Manager of Big One approached me regarding the obsessive nature of my spoon collecting, and I guess in a moment of weakness I confessed the dire straits situation I found myself to be in.

Upon hearing my desperate rant, he exclamined that his child, Carrie Ann, had also suffered from a similar maladiction, and that relief for Tom and I was just a little blue pill away. Saints perserve me a small world in deed, to find salavation in a green box, just a few isles down from silverware.

Sure enough after slipping the Slumberil into Tom's mashed potatoes I saw an imediate improvement in the quantity of spoons in the kitchen. Tom went from "Freak" to captain of the football team, and now is overseas leading our boys to victory in some far away, yet strategically important land, preserving and instilling our way of life, as the good Lord intended.

Praise be Slumberil, for making Tom be all that he could be!
- E. Anderton

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Slumberil
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 07:48:46 pm »
Hell go to order now and put 13 in the top box and 37 in the bottom box. then hit order. Also all the gifs have hidden messages in them, you have to use some wacky decoder to find them.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 08:35:57 pm »
not that it has any meaning what so ever but when you put in a bad password to log into their staff area, you get a responce that says:

Greetings.
Your actions are being logged.
Quit messing up our system.
We will prosecute.
This is MY house.

-Neil aka God

http://secure.slumberil.com/

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 08:46:52 pm »
what eroz says translates to: ROOT Z1ON0101
sounds like a password for the staff only site? but it doesn't seem to work... what i did notice tho is the title at the top of the page changes depending on what you input into the user/pass field. it seems random tho.

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 09:48:46 pm »
i'm pretty sure it's run by MxO people, since there used to be a place to put in your location to find the nearest store, and the options were downtown, richland, etc. (or they may have been districts in downtown, i don't remember) and the results were coordinates to where you could find the posters. here's a screenie i took during beta of one of the posters:

http://www.followtheangel.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=coppermine&file=displayimage&album=45&pos=0

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Slumberil
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 10:30:09 pm »
Also, if you put in the 13 and 37 in the two fields on the order now page you get a screen with some binary code (which I can't translate at the moment) but at the bottom of that screen is a link to find the nearest store where they sale their product. They give you 3 sets of coords to go to...I'm gonna hop in game and see if something turns up.

Wee...it's just like running those damned riddles all over again.

EDIT: The coord's are just those of 3 HL's in each main area of the game.  Nothing significant.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Slumberil
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 10:30:25 pm »
Quote from: "Xorsyst"
what eroz says translates to: ROOT Z1ON0101
sounds like a password for the staff only site? but it doesn't seem to work... what I did notice though is the title at the top of the page changes depending on what you input into the user/pass field. it seems random though.

This is the login and pass that Trinity used to hack the mainframe of the powerplant in Reloaded.

In fact, the exploit Trinity uses exists in real life.

There used to be an FTP server for Slumberil.  It was maintained by someone named "Pandora".  People would upload small text files signifying that they were there.  It was pretty cool.  I hope Slumberil comes back to life at some point.

Anonymous

Slumberil
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 10:41:14 pm »
did not know that. thanks manic.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Slumberil
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 11:46:59 pm »
actually slumberil was made by....you will be surprised by this.....Mek....I am not lieing at all, you may need to search the boards to see it, walrus posted and said it wasnt officall, aether said during a chat that it wasnt offical and then some people started talking about it was mek who did it after all.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
29 30

No calendar events were found.