MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Bleh, dont expect to see me much... Y-Y  (Read 1456 times)

Anonymous

Bleh, dont expect to see me much... Y-Y
« on: August 17, 2005, 07:45:34 pm »
As you all know its time for school to start... Im taking Honors english, Geometry (one year ahead of my grade's math), and AP Environmental science Y-Y (college course) I know its going to limit my time spent on MxO and with you guys a lot... but its best for my future, so im gonna bust my ass and do as much as i can, and hopefuly il be able to get a job that doesnt make me want to hang myself with my own colon.... anyhow, any free time i have that isnt spent studying, doing homework, or eating will be dedicated to you guys. Don't get me wrong, its not like im never going to see you again, il probably have an hour or two a day and a few on weekends... im just saying that if my play time chart drops drasticly.... it's schools fault =\ ....well just thought id let you all know that, i have to go study french and read my science book some more >.< -wave-

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 08:08:38 pm »
I see how it is.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 09:22:56 pm »
school? class? psssssssh .... the REAL reason i'm not around is the hot college parties .... err .....

HORN STAR
MELLOS GONE WILD
COMING FALL 2005

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:49:08 pm »
o.0 Hmmmm

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 09:50:52 pm »
Dude you sound like one of those over achiver types. That just study all the time and really dont have to. I take those classes and never study besides in class and then i get at minimium a B.

P.S. And yes I did fail spelling.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 10:36:20 pm »
Yea... i do not study, at all. I only do what is required to make the grade... i wouldnt even be taking notes if my teacher didnt collect them =\ But each chapter is about.... 30 or so dry ass pages, then you have to take 6-15 or so pages of notes (front and back) and do the review and critical thinking questions... usualy around 40-50 in all..... it ends up taking about 6 pages of notes and 12-15 typed single spaced pages of questions >.< once a week, which wouldnt be so bad if i didnt have all my other classes on top of it =\  but if i dont have to do it, i wont :p im just taking the best classes i can cause eventually it will help me, and if i get my credits out of the way i can take like... 3 classes my senior year and leave school early :)
And il be sure to look for that this fall grim :)

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 10:54:18 pm »
haha i took just reg ole classes and its my junior year, I only have 4 classes. imagine next year.... :) w00t for me.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 02:17:25 am »
WOW White. Just reading about all that work makes me feel depressed. On the bright side, you make me feel relieved my schoolwork is much easier. Phew. :P

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 09:52:02 am »
Yea im gonna stop worring... i have had "COLLEGE WILL DETERMINE LIFE AND DEATH" drilled into my head since i was 3..... But weather or not i take an AP or Honors course isnt going to determine weather i live in a mansion or a box........ Im droppin it if i dont get an A on this week's test ^_^

Offline Bellthazor

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 02:39:34 pm »
Stop stressing you noob ;p . You will be fine.
/slap

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2005, 03:08:19 pm »
I remember good ole AP classes.  They are actually a really big influence on colleges and you have the ability to score high on AP tests to test out of taking that class in college so say you take AP english.  You make a 5 on the test from a scale of 1 to 6 if I remember correctly.  You dont have to take that class in your first year of college.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2005, 03:23:25 pm »
I don't understand all this AP stuff, I hated school.  But I do remember that it's "whether" not "weather".  So there, I did learn summit :p

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2005, 10:03:42 am »
The test is scored 1-5 if you get a 3 4 or 5 you get the credits. However I only get science credits if i dont major in science. if i do they are elective credits, and i would rather take this course in college or take an elective in college. So I submitted my app to the counselor, im officialy dropping that class. Just disreguard this post i will have a lot more time on my hands :)

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 10:13:16 am »
Seriously, don't sweat it. It'll be fine. You've got the rest of your life to worrie about... the rest of your life. Hell, sure they like fancy degrees. But if you want a job thats fun, you'll find it; college or not.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2005, 06:38:50 pm »
the AP test scale is 1-5. what score you have to get to pass out of a class is COMPLETELY up to the school you attend. for example, i took AP English (the ONLY AP offered in my high school ... bastards!) and got a 3, but i needed a 4 or 5 to bypass English 101 (of course, after taking 101, i HAVE to take 100 before taking 200 .... *growls* ... i hate my "advisors"). In the science department here, no matter WHAT major you are, you HAVE to get a 5 on the AP test to pass through the first course. other colleges will have different standards. you NEED to know what the college has set before you think you can just whiz through the first several courses.

of course, in the end, it doesn't matter. you'll only be skipping a few classes, not enough to save you a semester of work. the way things are anymore, very few people actually get through college in 4 years without doing summer school, believe it or not. me, i'll be here at least 5, probably more. but college is only 50% classes and grades. the other 50% is redefining who you are in a way that will impact EVERYTHING you do from that point on. yes, a person who got their doctorate in advanced theoretical computer science will probably get a job before the guy who only has a BA, but the guy who learned how to balance his play time with the time to buckle down and focus will KEEP the job.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 68