MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Faction Units and Video Project (7/20)  (Read 2491 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Faction Units and Video Project (7/20)
« on: July 20, 2005, 05:08:29 pm »
So Ket took a two week vacation and I got busy with another play. Ket is back, and though I'm still busy with my play, we're going to try to get this off the ground soon.

We went through several polls, and a majority decided to reorganize the hovercrafts into Roleplay and PvP teams. The main goal of this is to provide our own content into the game via some sort of FA mission system. Depending on which hovercraft you choose, you'll be expected to complete either more PvP-oriented missions or more RP-oriented missions. Most will cross over into the other, since most of us enjoy both, but we still wanted to know who would be dedicated to having two hour conversations about the Matrix and who be dedicated to protecting the two hour meeting ;) This revamp will also help us weed out any inactives who have slipped under our radar, since everyone will be kicked from their hovercraft in order to be reassigned.

As for the video project, I don't think I'm going to have as much free time to do that as I thought. I was also trying to figure out how I would tape/direct it while being a character at the same time. The easiest solution, assuming you guys still want to do it, is to put someone else in charge of the project. This doesn't mean it has to be limited to one person, but remember the more people involved, the more complex it gets. This task won't be easy. Actors must be patient as well as filmers. You will have to synchronize all the filmers so the video quality is the same. Also, your computer will need to handle a high-end video editing software like Adobe Premiere Pro, and you should have a basic knowledge of both it and FRAPS.

I will basically be supervising the project. Keep in mind we have high standards for the videos we shoot. It should be better than an MxO Cinematic. You will also have to adjust the video according to Grimkitten's stories. This will require you to convert her chapters into a script that can be filmed inside the Matirx. This may also require skipping a few chapters or combining a few. All in all it's a big task. If you have the passion and talent for this sort of thing, reply to this thread and let us know why you should be the "director".

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 05:46:36 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
It should be better than an MxO Cinematic.

meaning NOT low detail? hehe ^_^

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 05:57:10 pm »
hardy har

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 06:07:40 pm »
If I can get Fraps working then I'd love to do it.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 06:40:44 pm »
You might want to try ATI's multimedia center for recording, if you have an ATI card that is because it is tied in with the drivers.  I noticed when I used it before I didnt have to cut back my graphics settings to maintain a high framerate. It might be worth a shot.

And not to bitch and moan but from my point of view I really want to be a productive member of FA, but as of late, and I suppose it is because of the events, I have found it to be difficult for me to participate because of my low level.

My question is in the reorginization of the ships, what options will there be for the lower levels like Juaquin, 420geek and myself? Maybe a dedicated mission team devoted to strenghtening the factions low to mid level characters. Of course the zion missionists will be avaiable for other tasks as designated.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 06:57:49 pm »
Hehe, I know my way around FRAPS and Premier Pro... too bad i cant film, fraps lags my framerate slightly so its a bit chopy. However i have directed a lot of videos and plays -strange as it may seem- I always did my school crap, of course those always came out like.... well crap =P However if you get a 'group' of leaders together i could contribute to that. (Im better at the actual directing/filming part than the editing though) Im also good at orders and stage directions, as well as comming up with props and locations, so just tell me if/when we start this, i would love to help... or at least watch it being made ^_^

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 08:15:52 pm »
My machine currently isn't an option for either, Im formatting cause well im a computer pack rat and need to clean up every so often.  Anyhow, hopefully this will make things run a bit faster, and such that I can do a good job frapsing things.  Otherwise, i'll just act... if necessary, like T says, the more people the more complex it gets so if it make sence to just sit out then I have no problem with that.  I'll keep my cell phone on for anyone to contact me :P  if ya catch my drift.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 08:42:35 pm »
xD Yea what he said, cept the other way around, i can edit... no frapsing though... lags my  card out moderately on my good machine and i cant even run mxo at highest quality on this one xD but im good for acting, just not voice unless you want a nasaly little 13 year old who hit puberty barely 2 years ago xD If you do... im your man... =O Mouse... i can play mouse xD

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 12:49:37 am »
Quote from: "Gromel"
My question is in the reorginization of the ships, what options will there be for the lower levels like Juaquin, 420geek and myself?

Second that, I'm only just going through level 12 right now...

And I reiterate my offer to give some soundtrack if you need it :p

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 02:01:18 am »
Well, the problem we were having was that many of our members were reaching the level cap and having nothing to do after that. While there are plenty of members willing to help with mission teams, etc., it's not something I REQUIRE of our members because most of them leveled up without any extra help and, frankly, a lot of them are sick of missions. We're not putting any level restrictions on these missions, but it's the assumption that if you aren't at the level you want to be at, that you still have plenty to do. I'm open to suggestions, though. Roleplay is something you can do at any level, though ;)

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 02:25:20 am »
Point taken, I think sometimes it helps to be with the bigger boys and girls so you can avoid those out-of-town gankings too :p  I'm happy to RP but I guess the higher levellers would just have to remember how restricted on movement we are /shrug

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 08:03:33 pm »
I have both FRAPS (FULL) and adobe preimer pro so just let me know what you want me to do.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 09:22:41 pm »
omg it's mazda!!!!1!1!1one!11!11!!!

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 12:44:26 am »
Mazda... Who the hell is this Mazda you speak of... ?   :D

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 04:45:21 am »
lol. I wish I could help; I would have loved to help direct and film. But that whole Fraps trial version making a hidden registry on my computer prevents me from using the cracked version and I don't really want to pay to get it. Let me know when and I can do all I can to help.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 [30]

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 78