MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Quitting the Game  (Read 2232 times)

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:43:53 pm »
Well, I have been holding out for a long time on this game.  I was a lurker during the earliest of days, and was not even all that interested in the game until I read a recruitment thread on the WB boards.  I spent about a week working with a friend and we finally got it.  He’s long gone now, but it did not take us long once we are in to get into Beta.  The amount of time I dedicated to this game during beta kind of makes me chuckle and is one of the primary reasons why I’ve waited so long to drop the game.  It was like a passion; I had hundreds upon hundreds of petitions written out and even got special treatment because I was among the top 10 bug reporters and contributors to the game.   And even though I still was not satisfied with the game at the end of beta, I kept playing.

Even now I am having second thoughts, simply because of the time I’ve spent with the Furious Angels.  The amount of time that I have made making close friends (as close as people can get through teamspeak and the internet, I suppose) and doing some really cool stuff.  It was pretty much my love for the faction that kept me into the game and still brought me around to the computer and makes myself play this game.  But I don’t really think I can keep doing that anymore.  PvP is not my thing, but it has evolved to become the primary goal of the majority of the faction.  I understand the whole splitting people up, but I don’t want to be segregated from a good portion of the FA community simply because I dislike the imbalanced and childish system of PVP that MXO has implemented.  

The game just doesn’t really feel like the Matrix anymore.  I guess back in beta when I would jack in and there would only be a few of us redpills it seemed more real to me.  The asshats never made it long in beta, if they even got in at all and it was unbelievably awesome.  I can jack in now, listen in on TS to a majority of people that I don’t really even know anymore and not really find anything to do except grind missions or PVP.  It’s really nothing personal, and if there was even the TINIEST shred of ANYTHING to hold my interest in this game – I would grab onto it and try to hang on a little bit more.  Maybe this game can take its potential and turn into something really cool.  But I tend to play games to relieve stress, and to hang out with people that I like.  Hehe, and I’ve pissed off enough people who don’t like me to the point it is hard to hang out with some of you guys anymore.

The game doesn’t relieve stress anymore.  I remember being a silent member of the community, sitting in the background and watching amazing things happen.  But now  there isn’t much of a community, at least, only a community that strongly reminds me of battlevortex from Ultima Online. It does not take long for me to be harassed by somebody because of affiliation.  Being withdrawn from the community ((while I don’t think the majority of the community is worth it)) doesn’t really keep my boat afloat.  More often than not I will log off more stressed than I was when I logged in – it utterly defeats the purpose.

It really sucks to have to leave though, because all of you are pretty awesome and there has always been somebody around to play with.  It’s not you guys as it is myself and the game.  Only once before have I ever been so attached to a group of people in a game, but before it was probably only eight of us – much less nearly 90 some odd people.  I really hope that you guys accomplish our original goal and directly affect the storyline.  I am still going to follow the game through the website and the different news that they post, and one day I definitely hope to see Furious Angels somewhere in that headline.

AP out.

---

If it would not be too much trouble, would it be impossible to have AcidicPlague@followtheangel.org to be redirected to Faust@terra-uo.com instead of canning the email entirely?  I've been using it for a long time now and it would just be a pain in the butt to get all that stuff in order.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Quitting the Game
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 07:51:28 pm »
/salute.

While I am not going to disagree with your statement because they are your feelings, and I don't know why and what goes on in your mind to make a good judgement in why you should stay, so I'll just say goodbye.

---

For the most part I think you can redirect itself. But for the rest of it, I suggest you start switch email's over because one of these days we are going to clean the email list out and you will lose it at that point.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 07:55:07 pm »
I am sorry to see you go, Acid. Hopefully, we'll see you around. And I hope we can make that headline for you. You'll be remembered, and I'll be sure to grind a couple out in your memory.

/lightcandle

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 07:57:52 pm »
What about my comic???

I refuse to let you go untill you finish it!

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 08:28:13 pm »
You definitely deserve a /salute.  I'm wth Eroz on that one.

You will be greatly missed, man.  I feel it as a serious loss to our family here.  

Good luck, & Godspeed.

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 08:33:46 pm »
I am sorry you have to go, but I understand your reasons.

Best of luck in life and any MMO's you move on to from here.

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 08:45:49 pm »
/lightsflamethrower

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 09:04:50 pm »
Later man it was good fun in America's Army.

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 09:36:21 pm »
It's a sad time seeing you go AP. You will not be forgotten... even by the devs. :p

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 09:53:04 pm »
Sorry to see you go Acidic.

/salute
/blowkiss

We'll miss you.

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 10:20:01 pm »
Take care AP, I have a feeling you'll be missed greatly.

/salute
/formalbow

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 10:31:47 pm »
ah man, no i wont believe it, acid your not leaving, like i said, i wont let you leave....*snif snif* there already too few of us veterans left!

Offline Styan

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sullycentral.net
Quitting the Game
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 10:51:47 pm »
I agree with Eroz, and Kairos!

/salute

Even the very little time that I spent in game and on TS with you, made an impact.  I was looking forward to your comic, but I guess that won't be hapening anymore.

None-the-less, good luck to you in your future endeavours.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Quitting the Game
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 11:15:53 pm »
/salute

peace dude... it was fun playing CS source and shit... laters

Anonymous

Quitting the Game
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 05:47:56 am »
later dude and good luck in all you do, it was fun playin online with ya in these last 5 or 6 months. (including playing with ya here and there in beta when I hadnt been accepted into the faction yet.)

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 [28]
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 88