MOVED: Fifth Matrix Film Announced! by Tbone
[April 06, 2024, 12:18:27 pm]

Holiday Fun by Tbone
[March 01, 2024, 09:09:44 pm]

Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode III (no spoilers)  (Read 1844 times)

Anonymous

Star Wars Episode III (no spoilers)
« on: May 19, 2005, 02:48:43 am »
I just saw the movie...Thought you guys should be the first to know my thoughts on it:

First, understand that the special effects, the story, the music....everything involved with the making of the movie...superb.

More importantly, I wanted to say how it made me feel.  This whole movie is about emotion.  Hatred, Anger, Greed, Love, Friendship, Trust...they all play a major part.  In the end, the movie does exactly what a good movie should...it makes you feel more alive.

More importantly, It made me feel sad.  Not at the end of the story, not at how it all plays out, or even that it was over.  It makes me sad because of two things;  The first, is that I can see myself making the exact same choices that someone in the movie made.  I am sure a lot of people would agree with me that they would do the same thing as well.
Secondly, it made me sad, because although the story is sci-fi, the idea behind it is not.  Greed and Hatred corrupts all, and can destroy everyone.

On a more philosphical note, the movie strengthened my opinion that the opposite of love is not hate....its apathy.  Hate, like Love is merely an emotion....the degree of hatred/love is measured in one's passion.  Apathy is acting with no emotion or passion.  One man's hatred can be just as powerful (if not more powerful) than his love for something else.  
I think the story in Star Wars helped me believe I am a passionate person, not just in my loving, but in my hatred as well.  Hatred is not "wrong" or "evil"...it's merely an emotion.  It is the action that is done for an emotion that can be based wrong or right, good or bad...all of which are subjective to the situation anyway.  In short, I should embrace my emotions, all of them...because THAT is better than apathy.

Ok, I am starting to ramble...so I gotta finish this up.
First...see the movie...even if you don't like Star Wars (which for most of you I doubt)...see it.   It's worth the admission just for the special effects/story/acting etc.

Secondly...at the end of the movie, when the credits start, ask yourself, "Would I have done the same?"  I know I would.  Don't feel bad, welcome to life, fasten your seatbelts, and don't expect anything...especially fairness....

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 03:36:08 am »
Definately a great Star Wars movie.  I enjoyed every minute i was in that theatre.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 04:22:06 am »
Yeah I dragged a couple of my home girls to it. Well, one didn't need to be dragged since I've slowly seduced her into nerdom since high school (insert evil chortle here), but the other could care less, which is fine.

First of all, I think it was WAY better than the first two prequels. The acting was better, the story was better, the audience was better (there were some crazy country people hehe) and it made me feel better when I left. I wasn't disappointed this time. :)

Second of all, I finally was able to invest in the boxed set of the originals, so I'm off to go watch those hehe :p

Third of all, since I went with girls, we had to dawdle at Wal-Mart before the movie started, and I was talked into getting some rather ... interesting .... articles of clothing. So now I'm messing with my webcam, which insists on being dark, green, and upside-down. Hm. It's past 4am so I'm thinking you will get pictures tomorrow :p

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2005, 04:47:30 am »
This is definatly the best of the 3 (I,II, III)
Anakin must've taken some serious acting classes (I heard a rumour that tbone was his mentor) for he has improved A LOT since ep. II.
5€ well spent, I will probably see it again today or tomorrow :D

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 09:56:42 am »
Yeah, I coached all the actors to help them prove their performance. I couldn't make the premiere, so I'm going to go see it today with some friends. Gotta go get ready now! We're catching a matinee!

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 10:20:08 am »
I loved it.  Though I think the transition was a litle to simple from one side to the other.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005, 10:23:58 am »
Im going to see it tomorrow Looks fantastic

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005, 01:10:33 pm »
Was very good...but too rushed I think......movie could have been an hour longer to tell more of the story. And the acting was far from impressive this time around. Nonetheless I loved Obi and the Queen, and Yoda was awesome as well. Good movie over all. I would consider seeing it again.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2005, 01:42:02 pm »
George Lucas = Brilliant

Gene Roddenberry = Dead

I got to the theatre at 5 AM and hung out playing games with my friend until the doors opened. That day/movie made my year. :)

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2005, 11:35:12 pm »
Wow just saw it great movie but is very immoitional like 3 hours of shakespear drama.......left the theoter depressed lol

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 12:55:47 am »
Good flick. I do have a few complaints, but none that I can express without giving away the plot. A definate theatre movie for any film buff.

Unfortunately I have to go see it again. I dressed up as Jar Jar Binks and got my ass kicked in the parking lot. Missed the first twenty minutes. lol jk

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 01:22:00 am »
^^^ROFL, Omegus^^

I thought it was definately the best of the prequels.  In this one, the story finally came together and you actually felt something other than, "oh cool. Look at those effects!"  I was really impressed.  Too bad the series ended just when things were starting to get good.

I know that you just cannot do a remake of classics like the original trilogy, but......

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 02:00:09 am »
Number of Jar Jar Binks lines = 0

The movie would have been perfect had you not been able to see Jar Jar binks very quickly at the beginning and end. If you blinked, you missed it, but for those of us who forgot to blink, the memory of Jar Jar was enough.

Heh...seriously though. Binks was reduced to nothing more than a background character in two scenes. Thank God!

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 02:21:44 am »
I cannot describe how much I hate Jar-Jar Binks.    You know its all his fault that the Republic is in the mess its in.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 08:02:07 am »
looks like we've decided on our collective least favorite character ... so after this last movie, then, who is everyone's ultimate all-time favorite? i definately have to pick r2-d2 .... that's one kickass robot ... err .... droid :p

* Discord

Calendar

October 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 81