Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Character Migration / PvP vs. Social  (Read 7514 times)

Anonymous

Character Migration / PvP vs. Social
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2005, 09:43:24 pm »
Agreed Im not really wanting to leave im just throwing out what im feeling about Enum.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2005, 09:44:07 pm »
Sentences, you need more of them Khr0n1k.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2005, 09:57:42 pm »
Yea this will just be a debate over moving or staying I will follow which ever decision we go with.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2005, 10:43:41 pm »
Just a FYI, there is suppose to be something preveting people from mass AOEing during events and sorts. As well as a buffer zone around NPCs like Morpheus, as well as different color chat for them. In short they see thier mistakes on a PvP event and are trying to fix it. From what I gather from the dev chat and forums these should be included in the next patch. (Or patch before the event)
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2005, 12:09:18 am »
motivational speech courtesy of your obedient servant:

here are the options:

leave enum and move to a non-pvp: they win
stay on enum and hang in there, like we always do: we win

yeah, sometimes pvp sucks, and there are guidelines that other players don't uphold. but if he duck our tails between our legs and run away, what fun is any other server going to be? yeah, it sucks getting ganked, but revenge is OH SO sweet!!

i think pvp ADDS to the RP value. i mean, morpheus and neo couldn't just walk down the streets in broad daylight and expect the world to be fine and dandy. you can't grow stronger if you don't accept your own vunerabilities and grow from them. we're the good guys on enum. there are a lot of other zionist factions, but they look up to us. yes, even the ones that don't like us, they watch our every move. if we leave enum, zion will have absolutely NO stronghold on that server. we are a very powerful and strong zionist link on that server, and leaving would cause a lot of stress on the other zionists we leave behind, and there really is no reason for it.

so ... who are you gonna let win? :)

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2005, 12:29:19 am »
Forget that......Grim and I are making our own server called "OMGWTFWEPWNJ00" ......and only her and I are allowed on it....we own the Matrix, so HA!

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2005, 12:41:06 am »
LMAO .... right .... and there will be a bar with never-ending drinks and shot girls and beer boys and waitresses that hand out cookies to everyone ....

three words:

BEST

SERVER

EVER

:p

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2005, 01:25:36 am »
I vote for Enum

reason 1- i restarted on Enum to join FA leavin a lvl 22 charector before.
reason 2- been ganked ever since i joined...nvr complain about it
reason 3-  now im lvl 41 and my turn to do some ass whooping
reason 4- we could alwasy do more RPing.....more parties....put the white uni's on and run around get the community involved...

just seems to me are biggest problem is not enough active members.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2005, 01:27:46 am »
I agree with orien on the fact that i play mxo for the story and so far all i've done is pvp and not much story. I accepted the fact that we went to a pvp server. I got over it, no biggie but when we decided to go to a pvp server it was becasue we figured we'd have a better chance at the story. I don't see that happening. So my thoughts are that I wouldn't mind moving. Or maybe since there are those that want to move and those who don't why can't we create FA on one of the other servers. It was said that eventually we wanted to have our name atleast on the other servers maintaining that Enumerator was the main server. We could still be one faction but since I do play on the other servers every now and then I find more "different" storyline events type stuff. Seems like the story is a little different on each server. So we could always share the information between the two and possibly have a clearer picture of whats happening.

This is just my 2 cents. There are other things holding me back from continuing to level on Enumerator, one is I'm just not having fun anymore on it. The other is I don't like being told I have to level. I miss parties and dances and being able to just hang around have a good time and role play.

Do I want them to win, no, but would I like the option to be an angel on another server. I do :)

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2005, 02:43:12 am »
I dont see why this is even being talked about. Like Grim said if we leave they win. I do not want to see this faction just up and run away because we cant handle it. Like myth said our biggest problem is we dont have enough active members. According to the roster there is 92 people in this Faction. (not counting nik0 for some reason he is still on the roster when he left the faction) Right now maybe 20 if that are truely active. So where is the other 72 people? Yes real life comes first but we are supposed to post something up when we will be gone for awhile and not very many people have done that....

I dont want us to change servers. We need to get active again. We should be able to host our own parties and not have to worry about getting any bouncers for it. I'm waiting for us to start doing the different projects again like making another movie..

We chose to come to this server.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2005, 02:50:19 am »
I wouldn't mind living a beta life again, honestly. I come and help out with PVP (like I did tonight), but it just gets old and busted after a while. I vote we go to the new hotness.......as it were

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005, 04:03:20 am »
ok..  if you don't like what I'm saying just have a lick of salt and it will be better.   but any way  these are just my opinions...and opinions are like arses...everyone has them...but...

1)This is something that Tbone should have made the first post....those who are unhappy with open pvp should have PMed/ contacted Tbone about it..and had a pow-wow with him...and he should have been the first to put it to the rest of us...even if it is JUST a discussion

2) This is as close as you can get to the REAL MATRIX....ok..you are walking down the road...and  you see an agent...ok...the Agent is not gonna just sit there and not attack...hell no...what about the Merv's...are they gonna just sit there and talk trash and not attack? no...in the movies...they are gonna pull out their guns and try and kill ya...ya I know it's hard to RP with you are getting killed by 5 lvl 50's.  I've been there..we all have...

3) I agree with the inactivity as well.  back in the day...one month of inactivity...with no posts saying, "hey something's come up and I'll be back in a few months"
we need to get out there...I agree...we need to show them FA IS NOT BEATEN AND WE ARE ALL AROUND!.
I'm not leaving Enum..this is FA's home...we belong here...

"yeah, sometimes pvp sucks, and there are guidelines that other players don't uphold. but if he duck our tails between our legs and run away, what fun is any other server going to be? yeah, it sucks getting ganked, but revenge is OH SO sweet!! " - quoting Grim-    Girlfriend I totally agree!!

as I said before ...again...these are just my opinions...and my thoughs...
Sla'n go Foil
                          ~Tabby~

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2005, 04:22:18 am »
The ONLY reason why I feel compelled to ditch enumerator is because of the unimaginable amount of assholes and griefers there are. I LIKE the pvp situation though, it makes the game more tense..... which is why I would choose to stay on Enumerator.

I already have a second character that I play on method. It's a whole different ballpark almost. Whenever I wanna get away from the *insert foul remark* I just go to my char on method and the game is refreshing again.

Actually having 1 char on PvE and 1 char on PvP has optimized my enjoyment of this game so far.

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2005, 04:40:46 am »
Moving away from Enumerator is just like taking the redpill and then making a deal with the machines to be reinserted in the Matrix.
"yeah.. well... I know this stake isn't real.. but I rather eat fake steak than goop for the rest of my life"

No thanks.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2005, 06:39:25 am »
One thing i like about Enumerator... is the revenge... nothing is better than chasing down the bastard that was a few lower levels and saw you coding... only to realize that he still couldn't hit you. the thing that makes this great is that you can go ahead and serve them a nice can of whoop ass whether it be now or later... one thing i do miss on servers though is yes... the hanging out and chatting and going to parties and RPing it up... it is a little more difficult and rare to see things like that happen... but hey you play off the attacks as an ambush and you make a plan of attack. Me and Xtreem are always doing that and hell it's ALOT of fun.. ^_^

* Discord

Calendar

June 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
[23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 169
  • Dot Hidden: 0