Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Seven
« on: October 04, 2004, 01:53:31 am »
In an effort to always remain honest with all of you (after all, this is YOUR faction), I thought I would briefly discuss the events lately that have occurred with Seven.

As most of you know, Seven resigned from the faction the other week. He once was our web designer. As to his motives for leaving, all I'm really aware of is that he was not happy here. He could not really define why...he just thought it was the thing to do.

I was not aware, however, that another faction had already been started by Seven called the Inner Circle. He had started putting it together nearly two to three weeks before resigning, and had begun to sniff around the faction to see who was not happy. If you mentioned to Seven that you thought FA could use some improvement during this time, you were probably asked to join IC. I only found out about IC's existence because I was running a security scan of everyone who had access to our Captain's forum during our leak (another long story).

In the end, only three of our members left to join IC (at least three that I am aware of). These people are Seven, Cosmic Drama, and Tridus. I deleted their accounts per request and added some new staff members.

If you have been on Teamspeak recently, you have noticed that Seven has still been around. It was a little odd, but I knew that he still had friends here so I didn't want to just exclude him. Unfortunately, it has become necessary for me to take steps to prevent Seven from having access.

I trusted Seven so much that he had access to our ftp server. As our web designer, it made life easier for him to be able to upload things. When he decided to leave, I did not even think it was necessary to change the password. Yesterday, however, Seven decided to delete and corrupt several of our image files that he felt we did not deserve, since he was the original creator. You have probably noticed some of these missing files (the Teamspeak block images, all of my sigs, etc.) He did this without informing me, and I had to call him before he admitted it to me.

I had a great deal of respect for Seven, but I simply cannot bend over to keep him happy anymore. I have banned his IP from Teamspeak and all other Furious Angels' resources. Let it be known that if you decide to leave FA, regardless of the reason, it is necessary for me to take away your rights to our resources.

As a disclaimer, this was not an attempt to flame Seven. I simply felt it was necessary that you all know the facts regarding his recent activities. I would be lying if I said I was not hurt and disappointed over this, but I would rather move on towards a positive future than dwell on disappointments of the past. If you would like to discuss this matter, feel free to do so, but I ask that this thread remain an intelligent discussion, and not a flame war. Thank you.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 04:02:19 am »
I understand the actions that you had to take.  I'm sorry to hear what happened and am dissapointed, but in all in all I still have respect.  

I am aware that some people may not be happy in this faction and if so please, and I would stress that you please let Tbone or some of the staff know.

I know with utmost repect that they will definetly try to help you out and atleast if the problem can't be resolved, we know that we tryed our best to help.
 I am always willing to help out in anyway I can

Aaura

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 07:44:26 am »
Sucks.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 08:10:35 am »
Yeah Tbone.  Being a leader is all about making tough decisions :-)

I'm beginning to wonder now if his "interviews" weren't just Seven's way of "probing" people he wanted to recruit for his clan.

Anyway, the way he left and messed with our server without telling anybody doesn't show much class or maturity (again).  I used to have a lot of respect for the guy.  How quickly things change.

I know he has many friends in this faction but I really think the FAs are better off without him, especially if he's not happy here.

By the way T, I really appreciate how you keep us in the loop.  It's really nice to know what's going on.  I must admit that I was wondering why he still was on TS but now I know. :-)

You're doing a great job T (again).

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2004, 08:35:53 am »
Hm, I feel like I made a good guess in the past, now I also feel like i'm about to be lied to by Seven.

Tbone, if you haven't already, don't tell Seven you explained to us why he was banned.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 08:45:01 am »
I don't suppose anyone has already cracked his (our) challenge?

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 08:46:49 am »
Quote from: "Kairos"
I don't suppose anyone has already cracked his (our) challenge?

There is no and will be no challenge, recruitment is now done from within game.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 08:50:34 am »
The only challenge now is to impress the recruiters :p

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 08:50:37 am »
Hmm...I get loss of connection for a few days (I'm switiching to DSL so I'm only going to be able to access the net at school) and things get haywire.

I'm assuming some would think that I would wear a face of smugness, and I suppose if I was that kind of person that I would. But I'm not. In a way I guess there's nothing I could say without an undertoning of, "I told you so." so I'm going to try and stray away from that for a while...

Although I have to say that I am disappointed in my ex-brother, I can't really say that I'm surprised. I was wondering why our TS block was acting a little crazy. It's a shame he had to sink this low. I just wonder what those people who had "respected" Seven now think.

This definately leaves something to think about....The Inner Circle...

But CD I also wonder what was the TRUE agenda for those interveiws. I'm also wondering if anyone knew about this IC, but didn't tell Tbone....let's not get too much into speculation...it causes morale problems.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2004, 09:06:53 am »
Not OUR challenge.  I'm aware of  our current recruiting status...

The Inner Circle - they have a challenge.  Sadly, their main page looks strikingly similar to our pre-Seven setup.  They've begun recruiting using the same tactics, style, & RP-driven messages that the Furious Angels do/did.  That's the challenge I was referring to...

This makes what he has done less forgivable.  I've lost a tremendous amount of respect for him.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 10:19:22 am »
Originally posted by: yfecteau2,

This clan is just a cheap rip-off of the Furious Angels.

The Furious Angels faction has a test, this clan has a test.

The Furious Angels faction recruits using roleplaying, this clan recruits using roleplaying.

You should have called yourselves the "Angry Angels" or "Eternalis" to copy the "Immortalis" clan or "Shades of Green".

Way to be original guys.

Your "clan" deserves to be ignored and forgotten. What a piece of crap.

http://thematrixonlineboards.warnerbros.com/newboards/thread.jspa?threadID=2000015749&tstart=30

Was it any of you who posted that? :P

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 10:49:22 am »
That is Coredump.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2004, 10:50:57 am »
Yeah it's me.

I feel better now that that's off my chest :)

My post in his recruitment thread might be harsh but I just don't have any respect for the guy anymore.

I know he helped our faction a lot and we're grateful for it but I don't think he deserves our eternal admiration for that.  I'm sure many people in this faction could have done as well as he did.

Anyways, let's move on to more interesting things.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2004, 11:08:43 am »
Mockery is the sincerest form of flattery.

Whether or not anyone deserves it, we look better if we abstain from posting in other people's recruitment threads... even quasi anonymously.

I wouldn't get worked up about the issue either. Seven's gone, what's done is done. I think he bit off more than he can chew and that his pet project won't get very far off the ground... But there is no sense in making an enemy of someone who was a friend because they had a moment of petulance. The one bad thing does mess up all the good that he did... but most things are a mixed bag in the end.

Just my two bits.

Anonymous

Seven
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2004, 12:52:14 pm »
Yeah, even if seven made the wrong choice by starting his own faction, you have the respect the fact that the site we're using looks and has the feel it does because of him.

Yes, he was wrong, but he was also of great help before.

* Discord

Calendar

September 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 56